I made this last night for supper…
made me feel like I actually knew what I was doing! 😉
try it tonight!!!
Harvest Pumpkin Soup from Country Living Magazine
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 can(s) (15-ounce) pure pumpkin
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 pint(s) (16 tablespoons) heavy cream
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add potato and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin. Using an immersion blender, purée mixture until smooth. (Or, use a blender to purée mixture in batches, then return to pot.) Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in cream and heat thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve hot.
(From: Harvest Pumpkin Soup Recipe – Country Living Follow us: @countryliving on Twitter | CountryLiving on Facebook Visit us at CountryLiving.com)
I love to hear what you think!!!